Fans of psychological horror (and bare buttocks) should find plenty to love in Remothered: Tormented Fathers. In the vein of Silent Hill or Rule of Rose, Remothered takes place at the house of retired notary, Dr. Felton, who is sick with an unknown disease. The player controls 35 year old Rosemary Reed (who could also be Clarice Starling from Silence of the Lambs). She’s greeted by Dr. Feltons nurse Ms. Gloria when she arrives at the house. However, when Rosemary reveals what her true intentions are, “the terrifying dread begins”. Check out the trailer below.
“Rosemary’s investigations will bring her to believe that the disappearance of the man’s daughter Celeste, actually hides a terrible massacre. Dr. Felton and his wife, Arianna, could be the only ones to know the truth, including the secret behind Celeste’s real identity and a fanatic cult of cloistered nuns in red.”
Official statement on Steam Greenlight:
“Remothered: Tormented Fathers is the first title of the long-awaited 3rd person game trilogy. A web of lies where murders and obsessions come to life. A revolutionary experience created for survival horror fans.
- Run and hide gameplay – You will have to deal with obsessed stalkers always on your steps. They’ll never give up or die.
- Psychological plot – Characters in the story are everyday people that turn themselves into scary monsters.
- No guns or powerful weapons – You can only use standard items to deceive the stalkers or react to their assaults.
- Movie-like cutscenes – Thanks to his impressive direction, Chris Darril puts into play a story rich of complex life-like characters.
- Audio clues – The soundtrack will alert you when your enemies are getting closer.
- No health bars – Your body is the only way to understand how you are doing.
- Learn new skills – Acquire new abilities and improve your old ones throughout the game.
- Realistic puzzles – Scenario and characters have been conceived to be realistic and credible.
- Top-notch soundtrack – Nobuko Toda (Final Fantasy, Halo, Metal Gear Solid) and Luca Balboni wrote the music for the game.
- Real-time loading – Explore the mansion without worrying about empty moments or boring loading times.”
If you’re interested in some intense, psychological horror (like myself), Remothered: Tormented Fathers could be the game for you. I can’t remember the last game I played that truly terrified me, but Remothered looks like it could be the one to scare us all silly. Head on over to Steam Greenlight now to cast your vote! – NVJ